HOUSTON-A Task Force consisting of 6 agencies have initiated a Horse Clinic to provide services for residents who are caretakers of horses. The Houston Humane Society has taking the lead on ensuring that horse owners have the adequate education required in order for their horses to stay healthy.
A representative from the Houston Humane Society known as Monica, stated her concern for horse owners to understand that they are in the Acres Homes Community to help those who may need the assistance in providing great care for their horses.
A healthy horse will have a rounded hump, unseen spine and ribs, spongy tail-head, withers, shoulders, and neck are rounded and smooth.
1. Clean water must be provided everyday
2. Adequate food such as; carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
3. Clean and dry hay free of mold and dust
4. Safe and dry shelter should be cleaned everyday
5. Provided with veterinarian care; vaccinated, de-wormed, teeth floated and hooves trimmed at regular intervals
- Dewormer $10 – $20
- Rabies Vaccine $10
- West Nile Vaccine $25
- VEWT + Rhino Vaccine $25
TASK FORCE MEMBERS
- Houston Humane Society
- Crime Stoppers of Houston
- HPD-North Division: DRT Unit
- Harris County District Attorney’s Office
- Harris County Precinct 5
- Houston PetSet
HORSE CLINIC EVENT
Saturday, January 30, 2016
10:00AM – 2:00PM
Parking Lot of HPD North, 9455 W. Montgomery Rd.
FREE Microchip for Horses
Houston Humane Society